Search This Blog

May 30, 2008

Lunch with Laureen Harper, the wife of the Prime Minister of Canada


Recently I was invited by news broadcaster and federal candidate Peter Kent to attend a lunch with Laureen Harper, the wife of Prime Minister Stephen Harper. The lunch gathering was a very cozy, relaxed event, which provided the opportunity to share some ideas with Ms. Harper. I asked Ms. Harper whether she would explore the idea of being an honourary national spokesperson for autism. While I didn’t really expect her to give an answer on the spot – and she was somewhat reluctant – Ms. Harper introduced me to her assistant so we can stay in touch about the suggestion. I also asked Ms. Harper to pass on my congratulations to the Prime Minister for the great speech he delivered recently at the Ricoh Centre during the Israel @ 60 celebration in Toronto. By the way, I found Laureen Harper to be outgoing, relaxed and friendly, which made for a very enjoyable event.

No comments: