Search This Blog

March 19, 2008

The Argos ’ anti-bullying program Huddle Up comes to Ward 5




Here I am at Faywood Arts-based Curriculum School (Faywood ABC School), from left to right: Taylor Robertson, Offensive Lineman, Huddle Up Bullying Prevention Program, Toronto Argonauts, Kathy Trajkovski, Principal, Faywood ABC School, Trustee James Pasternak, Ward 5, Jason Colero, Huddle Up Bullying Prevention Program, Toronto Argonauts.

When I was elected, I assured parents that I would do everything possible to reduce and eliminate bullying in Ward 5 schools. Bullying is destructive and hurts our efforts to create a safe and comforting learning environment at the TDSB. In order to keep this commitment, I met with the Toronto Argonauts Football Club community outreach group last summer to bring their anti-bullying Huddle Up program to Ward 5. Working with my constituency assistants David Horowitz and Danny Pivnick and superintendent Gen Ling Chang, we are bringing Huddle Up to ten Ward 5 schools. I owe a great deal of thanks to all participating principals and to the Argonauts’ Jason Colero.

No comments: